You can help orphaned and vulnerable children and the poor by partnering with Amazima Ministries.
1. We need child sponsors to help send children to school each year. For $300 a year, you can help educate, feed, provide school supplies, and spiritually disciple a child.
2. Support our feeding program in the Masese community. Over 1,200 orphaned and vulnerable children rely on us Monday through Friday for food. This can be overwhelming, and yet God always supplies.
3. Give an undesignated gift and allow us to apply it where it is most needed. Whether medical, relational, vocational, rehabilitation, supplies, evangelism, there are needs everywhere. Our team in Uganda faces life and death each day.
4. Buy jewelry made through Amazima's vocational program to benefit the slum community of Masese. When you purchase from the Amazima store, you employ a hard working mother to care for her own family. All profits from Amazima's jewelry sales directly support the feeding of over 1,200 children in Masese.
5. Tell your friends about Amazima—not that Amazima would receive any glory, but that we would awaken the world to the needs of the orphan, the poor and the oppressed. Be educators with us. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to Katie's blog and share it with others. Help us be a voice for the people and children of Uganda.
6. Consider adoption or supporting an organization that helps foster adoptions. Adoption is near and dear to our heart at Amazima. We see children every day who do not have a family or anyone to care for them. Adoption is not easy, but it is the heart of God. Visit Shaohannah's Hope, the ABBA Fund, or the Christian Alliance for Orphans to learn more about adoption or supporting those who are in the process of adopting.
7. Finally, we need prayers for strength and wisdom. We need prayers of provision and protection. Please pray for the Ugandan people—for salvation and restoration with God. Pray for the little children—that they would know God's love and experience it. Never underestimate what your prayers can and will do!