When Amazima Ministries first began our sponsorship program in 2008, we noticed parents that were trying to drop off their children at orphanages – not because they were orphans, but because there they would get to eat three times a day, receive medical care and attend school. We hoped to connect some of our friends in the US with these children so they could stay with their families and have their basic needs met. At the time, our goal was to sponsor ten children. But then, ten grew to forty, and forty to 150 and today we have over 600 children being sponsored through Amazima!
Our focus is still the same as it was in 2008 – we want to connect our friends in Uganda with our friends around the world. Our program is not a traditional sponsorship program that matches you directly with one particular child. We want to connect you with all of the sweet children we serve because they are all unique and each have a special story to tell.
This program is the heart of Amazima—connecting people with people, deeply.
Here are a few highlights of Amazima's sponsorship program.
Your gift of $300 a year ($25/month) helps to provide for over 600 children:
· Education at a Christian school
· School supplies and uniform
· 3 meals a day
· Basic medical care
· Christian discipleship
· Spiritual growth activities for the children and their families and/or guardians
As a sponsor you receive:
· Photo, bio, and artwork from one of the children sponsored through Amazima
· Bimonthly sponsor-exclusive e-newsletter
· Access to The Mukwano Connection (an online portal with more artwork and a letter-writing option)
· Original artwork once a year from one of the children in the program
· Updates on Amazima Ministries quarterly